Skip to main content

Priyanka is my "Behen" and Rahul my "Bhaiya", Not Anymore?


Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have the honor to present this symposium on Indian Democracy. All Indians, as you should know according to our National Pledge as follows are brothers and sisters:

India is my country and all Indians are my brothers and sisters.
I love my country and I am proud of its rich and varied heritage.
I shall always strive to be worthy of it.
I shall give respect to my parents, teachers and all elders and treat everyone with courtesy.
To my country and my people, I pledge my devotion. In their well-being and prosperity alone lies my happiness.


Oops! so are we marrying our brothers and sisters or someone's parents are now tiny tots club members. Our age, culture, generation and other differences are now respected by Mrs. Priyanka by giving a proper epithet to her father as "the real father."

It is most appropriate also during the heat of the elections to invoke one of the dearest late prime minister of India and wail that he should be remembered for his martyrdom rather than many of his other noticeable accomplishments also. I know we are orphans who repent most of our treasures when they are lost in tragedy. We grip ourselves like "When We Were Orphans" of Kazuo Ishiguro for lifetime. We adore Priyanka Gandhi who is representing Congress in elections for bringing out another stark fact of our ethnicity, our family heirloom as national heritage than very previously limited to as being snake charmers.

In same regard, we cannot say Priyanka is not my "behen" and Rahul not being my "bhaiya." We are bound by the Indian pledge but should not be Mr. Narendra Modi. Not that he spoke with her in this regard but his thinking to be Priyanka "Beti Jaissi Hai" did not gel well with Mrs. Gandhi. So, bad now we have to teach another lesson in English. Use of "like" means a semblance of a type and does not means equivalent to or being the fact itself. It is not grave if the political leaders when mingle with each other at non-official events or even in general courtesy address each other as Sirs and Madams.

Today the political ideologies are so strong and at the brink of their existence that the leaders have either lost their patience or they are misunderstood. When it is the fault of public, one can understand but if the leader starts to be lead by public, it is perilous for a nation. We hope when the new government will be elected, the Indian pledge will be modified to include more of I's; "I am so and so", "I belong to so and so", "I have so and so", and "I am doing so and so."

With this, we, Indians are ushering into the new direction of our Indian democracy where there will be clear and concise language to address the national issues so that the government and parliament can run more effectively and efficiently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Echoes, my new poetry book

Echoes published by Write India is recently released in September.  It has been an amazing experience to through them once again and truly as desired they echo through mind and soul.

Here is blurb at back of book:

Consistency where life frames women in different roles and you feel inhabited.

In such serenity I sit and think saturated with thoughts.  A woman speaking of in her element perennially devises how way further will be for her without the barriers of struggle.  Nature is succour.  One easily connects with primal action born of thought. As innate as vital energy of mind and body, the poems here touch aspects of womanhood subliminally.

It would not be in woods or meadows far reaching only through echoes, it would beat deep inside throbbing and touching through aspects of life.



A Poem from Echoes:

Cold winds with those dark clouds
on my sky are my aspirations
where horizon of blue sublime,
tiny corpuscles of lime,
from where I have sprung and this haste
do I even know the melody…

Again the Sky

First published on Literary journal.

Today showered again the sky I wondered if soaking the streets I choose to ignore.
Small leaves sprout and crawl inside me, branches spread out, straws are collected nests are created.
Lone pathway on feet speck of air or earth so full, and my own heart's silence in this moment's time.

Moon and stars

moon again behind
the hills what
myth I build on my story


******

a star out of canvas
I am 
here with truth


*****

few stars in sky
and angles in and out 
can't locate more

******


only one more round
at moon hedge
full of jasmine